Registrations, Cancellations, and Refunds
Please note: The cancellation and refund policy for sessional, full year performance, and camps are all different:
Registrations can be completed online or in person at the studio or over the phone (provided you already have an account with J'Adore Dance). Payment must be received at the time of registration.
Prorating: Prorating class registration fees will not begin until week 5 of the session. Registering for a class before week 5, you are eligible for 3 make-ups to be used in any of our sessional programming within the current session. Please note that prorated classes and make-up classes are subject to availability.
Registrations cancelled before the first class are subject to a $25+GST administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after the start date of the class, however, we will issue credit (minus the $25+GST administrative fee) valid for 12 months from the start date of the canceled program if the registration is canceled before the third class of the session. No refunds or credit will be granted after the start of the third class other than for serious illness or injury with medical documentation provided. Cancellation requests must be received in writing (email@example.com) and can only be processed by management. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Full Year Performance:
Cancellations received prior to August 1st of the current dance year will be charged a $75+GST cancellation fee. Cancellations received prior to September 16th of the current dance year will be charged the $200+GST administration/cancellation fee. Cancellations received prior to October 31st of the current dance year will be refunded one half of the total annual class fees (not including the $200+GST administration/Cancellation fee). Cancellations received between November 1 and November 30th of the current dance year will receive studio credit for one half of the class cost (not including the $200+GST administration/Cancellation fee). No refunds or credits will be issued for ANY cancellations received after November 30th of the current dance year. If you are unsure if your child is ready for a full year dance commitment, please consider one of our sessional programs.
Class switches will not be considered after the second week of full year programming. Class switches are subject to availability, teacher and administrative approval.
Cancellations received more than 21 days prior to the camp start date will receive a full refund minus the $25+ GST cancellation fee. Cancellations received between 7 to 21 days prior to the camp start date will receive studio credit for the cost of the camp minus the $25+ GST cancellation fee. Credits are valid for 12 months from the original issue date and will be deducted from your family's next registration. Cancellations received within 7 days of the camp start date will be ineligible for either class credit or refund.
Class switches are subject to availability and administrative approval. Requests must be received in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Our drop in passes may be used towards any Postnatal, Parent and Tot, Kids Sessional or Adult program.*
- Book your class in advance! Drop ins can be booked 1 week in advance through your account .**
- We suggest you book your drop-in in advance to ensure you have a spot. Walk in drop-ins are subject to availability and may be turned away.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time, if you are attempting a walk-in, for the best chance at a spot in the class.
Not able to use all your drop ins before your pass expires? Passes may be extended for a rate of $10/month or $25/year. You must contact us with your extension request prior to your pass expiring. We will not be able to extend your pass once it expires.
* Drop ins are subject to availability. J'Adore Dance reserves the right to cancel classes with limited notice and cancel programs with low enrollment. Please check the website for updates on class cancellations prior to coming to class. Drop in passes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Drop in passes expire 12 months after purchase date.Drop-in passes may not be used for Full-Year programming, Workshops, Camps or during Parent Share classes
** Cancellations received after 24 hours from class start time will forfeit that drop in.
We understand that at some point you may miss a class. We try to be as flexible as possible with make-up classes, but will only allow 3 make-up classes per session. Please note that make-up classes are a courtesy and are not guaranteed as they depend on the classes available during your session. Follow the procedure below to make up classes:
- Log on to your J’Adore Dance Account and click the “Can't make a class?” Button. THIS MUST BE DONE WITHIN 6 DAYS OF YOUR MISSED CLASS. Please note that classes not recorded as a missed class will not be eligible for a make-up class.
- Once you have recorded your missed class you can click on the “Book a Make-up” button.
- Select from an available class. (Make up classes can only be booked one week in advance. Workshops and Camps are not eligible for Make up classes. Classes for which you are eligible will appear as possible make up choices. Please call if you have questions.)
- If you cannot make-up a class during the current session, you can make up ONE (1) class the following session. Please follow same procedure as above.
- Class credit will not be given in lieu of makeup classes.
- No make-up classes are available during parent share weeks
- You have 48 hours to cancel a booked make up class. If you choose to cancel less then 48 hours prior to your booked make up class you will forfeit this class.
There are no Make-up classes available for Full Year classes or during Parent Share classes.
Discounts and class credit
J'Adore Dance offers various class discounts:
- 3rd time registration: 10% discount for your third and subsequent registrations with J'Adore Dance. This applies to sessional programming only (Workshops, Camps, Full year Performance Programs and Drop in passes are not included in the 10% discount)
- Multi-class discount: If you register in two or more classes in one session, we will discount the combined price of the classes by 20%. Only one discount will be issued per registration. We will always apply the largest qualifying discount. The discounts should be automatically applied to your account at registration time. If you believe you are eligible for one of these discounts but the prices aren't showing up as adjusted, please leave a comment on the checkout form with your expected discount. We'll adjust the price before completing your payment. Please note these discounts do not apply to Full Year Kids programs or workshops.
- Camp Discount: If you register for 2 or more camps in the same session (siblings or the same child in 2 or more camps), we will discount the combined price of the classes by 20%. Camp discount cannot be combined with sessional class registration.
Class credits are applied directly to your user account. You can view you class credit balance my logging into your user account. Class credit is only valid for class registrations. Class credit is not valid for purchase of merchandise or gift cards.
Class credits are valid for a 12 month period from the date of your cancellation written request. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Class credit will automatically be applied to your next online registration. If you feel there is an error with your class credit, please contact us.
Please note: Once credit is applied to an order it will not be re-credited or refunded if the registration is cancelled.
Health and Safety
Dance is a wonderful way to exercise due to the many physical, mental, and emotional benefits. In our programs we strive to provide modifications for all fitness and dance levels so all participants can feel successful. However, J'Adore Dance always recommends talking with your doctor before starting any exercise program.
Credit Card Safeguards
J'Adore Dance uses a secure internet payment gateway to provide a secure environment for the authorization of credit card transactions over the internet. Confidential information, including your credit card details, is encrypted the moment it is transmitted from your browser to the banking network using industry leading 256-bit SSL encryption technology. Your full credit card details are never stored anywhere on jadoredance.com or in our database, and the only company who has access to this data is our bank. The bank also sends confirmation information via the same encryption technology back to your browser. If you choose to store your card on jadoredance.com for future purchases, and in order for us to process recurring payments, we store a token that represents your card (the last 4 digits) that is only useful for processing cards in our payment environment. Our system is PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant.
Methods of payment
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. If we are unable to process your credit card, please check to ensure you entered the correct card number and expiration date, and that the billing name and address you entered match your credit card statement exactly. Please contact us if you have trouble with a credit card transaction.
We also welcome you to visit the studio (5708 111 ST, Edmonton) to register and make a payment in person (once an account has been created online).
Please note: We no longer accept cheque. Orders created through our website must be paid with credit card at the time of registration.
The Canadian Government requires J'Adore Dance to add 5% GST to each order. Our GST number is 829006964RT0001.
Class cancellation due to instructor illness or inclement weather
In the event that J'Adore Dance is required to cancel a class due to instructor illness or emergency, we will do our best to find a suitable substitute instructor or book a make up class that will occur at the end of the session or during mid-term break. If we cannot schedule a substitute instructor or make up class, registered participants will receive a class credit that may be applied to a drop in class, make-up class, or future class registration.
Information that is gathered from visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
Where registration is required, the visitor's email and certain personal information will be stored on the server.
How the Information is used
The information is used to enhance the visitor's experience when using the website to display personalized content.
E-mail addresses and other personal information will not be sold, rented, or leased to 3rd parties.
E-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us, and to send you messages regarding your purchases or class information.
If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also they may be used to track your return visits to the website.