Kreative Kidz® (3-6 yrs) - ONLINE ONLY
Are you seeking a non-competitive studio where fun, fitness, and a love of dance are the top priority?
At J'Adore Dance our sessional Kreative Kidz® program features a combination of Ballet, Jazz and Creative Movement for ages 3-13 have been expertly programmed by artistic director Chantel Sampson (BEd, PAHC, AFLCA, PPNF). All of our classes are taught by highly trained instructors who have certified in JDance® (The foundational program for the Kreative Kidz® Curriculum) and have a solid foundation in both dance technique and best teaching practices.
Our program focuses on Anne Green Gilbert’s BrainDance research and her teachings on conceptual dance education, providing a strong foundation where new dance concepts will be explored monthly. Creative dance, imagination, and expression are combined with developmentally appropriate movement, music, and ballet and jazz technique to create a class that is fun for all!
Dance is more than a series of steps. Our programs use a holistic approach that provides our young dancers with a brain compatible learning environment. Our conceptual approach to dance education ensures our students move with purpose on the dance floor and through life. Our goal is to shape each student into a Holistic Dancer who is a:
- Skilled Technician
- Critical Thinker
- Successful Collaborator
- Inventive Creator
- Effective Communicator
- Comfortable clothing eg. leggings and a t-shirt). They are welcome to wear a leotard and ballet skirt but it is not mandatory!
- ballet/jazz shoes, grippy socks, or barefeet
- Hair pulled back
- Water bottle
Cinch Sacs/Prop Bags
As per AHS mandates, we are no longer allowed to have prop sharing in our classes. The use of props is integral to our programming. We have worked with our suppliers to bring in enough props to make individual student bags. Prop bags will come in their own J’Adore branded cinch sac labelled with your child's name and will include the items listed below. Prop bags will be available for purchase at the time of registration and will be waiting for your child on the first day of their class. Prop bags will be sold for $30+GST.
- 2 jingle bells
- 2 dancing scarves
- 1 ribbon wand
- 2 rhythm sticks
- 1 bean bag
- 2 egg shakers
- Hand sanitizer
Registrations can be completed online or in person at the studio or over the phone (provided you already have an account with J'Adore Dance). Payment must be received at the time of registration.
Programs at J'Adore Dance are in high demand, and sell out with long wait lists. As such, any registrations cancelled before the first class are subject to a $25 + GST administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after the start date of the class, however, we will issue credit valid for 12 months from the start date of the canceled program if the registration is canceled before the third class of the session. No refunds or credit will be granted after the start of the third class other than for serious illness or injury with medical documentation provided. Cancellation requests must be received in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) and can only be processed by management. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Please note that classes may switch from in-studio to online formats at any point in a session as mandated by Alberta Health Services. By registering in a program at J’Adore Dance you are agreeing to participating in both in-studio and online class delivery. Refunds/Credit will not be given for changes to programming delivery.
Terms and Conditions for Online Classes
- The participant has permission to be online and partake in J’Adore Dance online classes.
- Always use good judgement when dancing outside of your regular studio classroom.
- Take care to clear adequate space and remove any household or environmental factors that could potentially harm you or those around you
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear that is not slippery
- Make sure the flooring is adequate to prevent slipping and falling
- Young children should have someone actively supervising them
- Don’t do the activity alone; have someone on the premises with you
- That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom. If only a private space like a bedroom is available, you will commit to keeping the door open.
The participant will participate in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that, although rare, dance is a sport and injury may occur. J’Adore Dance will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur during your online dance class.
Make-ups - Because you have access to the class link for one, week there will be no make up's or missed classes recorded for the duration of our on-line programming.
Privacy for Zoom:
- All participants will be admitted from the “waiting room”. Please make sure your Zoom name matches your name on your registration.
- Please sign-in at least 10 minutes before your class starts.
- Your instructor will “admit” you.
- To minimize disruptions to the class, the instructor will not be able to manage the waiting room and admit participants after the welcome discussion (5 min after class start time)
- For safety reasons, your video must be on so that your instructor can see you
- Please note that the material in class videos is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden (only registered participants will be granted entry into the ZOOM class each week) as well as the weekly video link. Not adhering to these rules will void your registration from the program.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR OF FULL YEAR PROGRAMMING - OWNER
When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. ~Wayne Dyer
Chantel Sampson has been dancing since the age of three. A lifelong passion for dance has continued to fuel her spirit. Her background includes tap, jazz, ballet, contemporary, modern, ballroom, and Irish Dance. She has studied and trained under many talented teachers from across Canada and the United States. During university, her parents exposed her to the world of ballroom dance where she met her husband and lifelong dance partner. After extensive training with coaches from across Canada and the United States and seven successful years in competition including three top 3 placements at the Canadian Championships, Chantel felt it was time to explore a new genre of dance and began training in Irish Dance. Her Adult Ceili team holds three North American Irish Dance Championship titles and an All Ireland Ceili Championship title. Chantel is a member of the Performing Arts Medical Association, Yamuna Practitioner Association and ALFCA . Through these organizations she continues to further her training in the areas of dance education and dancer wellness.Chantel received her Bachelor of Education degree with distinction in Elementary Education from the University of Alberta in 1998 and has always brought her love of dance into her teaching. Chantel was nominated for an Excellence in Teaching Award, developed and implemented dance programs in three Edmonton Catholic Schools, directed and choreographed over 20 musicals, presented at several ATA Fine Arts Conferences, and continues to work on developing dance curriculum. She believes that every child should have the opportunity to express themselves through dance and has developed curriculum integration documents for grades K-6 bringing dance and movement into each outcome of the program of studies. Chantel embraces the philosophy of dance as a universal form of expression. In 2007, after many years of teaching school and community-based dance programs, Chantel founded her own dance company, “For The Love of Dance”. Her teaching provides children and adults an opportunity to explore different dance and movement styles in a non-competitive, supportive environment. For Chantel, dance is a family affair and she has always been excited to share dance with her parents, husband, and three beautiful children. She is happiest when on the dance floor. Chantel partnered J'Adore dance's original owner Jessica Baudin-Griffin in 2015 to continue to develop and expand the studio's award winning programming. In 2016 Jessica made a change to pursue the expansion of Intellidance and Chantel's joined forces with former dance team member Jenna Brenan to take J'Adore into its next decade of award winning programming!
Chantel in holds certifications in Yamuna Body Rolling, AFLCA with Portable Equipment, First Aid ad CPR-C, a Certificate in Performing Arts Healthcare through the American College of Sports Medicine and in Pre and Post Natal Fitness, Intellidance instruction, Infant Massage Instructor Certification from Trimesters Massage.