Theatre Camp (6-10 yrs) - The Lion King
Sign up for Waitlist
Is your child passionate about dancing and acting?
Well look no further! With a focus on movement, and drama, participants with enjoy learning age-appropriate material in a positive and supportive environment. Participants will learn a piece of group choreography to perform in front of a small audience. Self-expression, self-confidence, communication skills, and social interaction are just a few of the benefits participants will experience in Theatre Camp!
Participants will be required to bring, clean indoor shoes, mask, a peanut free snack, water bottle, hat and sunscreen for outdoor time. Camp intake forms will be mailed prior to the start of camp. Please complete and email this form back before your child’s camp week.
Multiple Half-Day Camp Discount: If you register for 2 or more camps in the same session (same child in 2 or more camps), we will discount the combined price of the classes by 20%.
Siblings Camp Discount: If you register for 2 or more camps in the same session (siblings in 2 or more camps), we will discount the combined price of the classes by 20%.
Camp discount cannot be combined with sessional class registration.
In-Studio Camp Guidelines during COVID restrictions:
- There will be only one group of campers in the studio.
- Camps are limited to 9 campers and 1 Instructor
- Campers must be in good health and must not attend if they are sick or have any signs or symptoms of a cold or are feeling unwell.
- Our campers will be given their own storage space, dance and craft area, prop bin and craft bin for the week. There will be no sharing of props or craft items.
- In lieu of park day campers will be taken to an outdoor green space for daily snack time and open area outdoor activities.
- Parents will Drop off/Pick up at the studio door (parents are not permitted to wait in the lobby)
- In lieu of parent share on the last day of camp and Video will be made and shared with families.
- The studio space will have increased cleaning and sanitizing measures in place.
- Campers must be masked throughout the camp (except for water and snack breaks while social distanced).
For more information about Provincial Day Camp Guidelines, click here.
For a complete copy of our J'Adore Dance Camp Policy and Procedures addressing the provincial guidelines click here.
Jason discovered his passion for dance while in university; but is no stranger to the teaching and performing worlds. You might have seen Jason on stage while working towards his Bachelor of Arts in Theatre at Concordia and other performances around Edmonton. When it comes to teaching, he has years of experience from working at the Boys and Girls Club of Leduc, being a Fitness Kickboxing and Taekwondo instructor for almost 10 years where he designed an anti-abduction and safety program for children ages 3-6; all while working towards his third degree black belt in Taekwondo and first degree black belt in Pankration; and recently received a Bachelor of Elementary Education After-Degree. The love that Jason has for performing and teaching has both strengthened and developed his love for dance. Jason is a firm believer in different learning styles for students and dance is a fantastic way for so many students to express themselves, be active and healthy; all while having fun at the same time. Jason has been with J'Adore for a few years where he has been involved in many of the amazing programs they have to offer from Tap, Ballet, to Contemporary. You might have seen him on stage with J'Adore performances as a Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz, as King Louie and part of the river in the Jungle Book or the bearded lady in Cirque Du J'Adore.