Twirling Tots (2.5-4 yrs)
Twirl, Dance, Leap and Roll!
Together you and your tot can explore movement in a safe, supportive and nurturing class environment. This parented program is a wonderful opportunity to help your tot build movement skills, develop language, rhythm, and confidence in a class setting.
Have fun together each week exploring movement concepts, learning circle dances, moving through obstacle courses, using simple percussion to keep the beat and create rhythm awareness. Dancing with a variety of props will help to build hand-eye coordination and incorporate sensory play while dancing, learning and having fun.
This class is an excellent introduction to the class structure of our un-parented programs and helps your little one build the confidence that they need to transition smoothly into an independent class.
Creative dance, imagination, and expression are combined with developmentally appropriate movement, music, props and rhythm instruments to create a class that is fun for all!
What to Wear:
Adults: comfortable, non-restrictive clothes, grippy socks or indoor running shoes
Children: dance or play clothes (leggings, t-shirts, etc.), grippy socks or indoor running shoes
Important Changes for Parent Classes (Due to AHS Guidelines)
- Only one caregiver per child in the class
- No extra siblings in class. If you have a baby he/she must stay in a bucket seat or a carrier
- No barefeet (grippy socks or indoor runners only)
- Face Covering Mandatory (2+ years) *** Please know that we understand that they are little and if they take their mask off during class, no one is in trouble. We are all trying our best and learning together!
Cinch Sacs/Prop Bags
As per AHS mandates, we are no longer allowed to have prop sharing in our classes. The use of props is integral to our programming. We have worked with our suppliers to bring in enough props to make individual student bags. Prop bags will come in their own J’Adore branded cinch sac labelled with your child's name and will include the items listed below. Prop bags will be available for purchase at the time of registration and will be waiting for your child on the first day of their class. Prop bags will be sold for $30+GST.
- 2 jingle bells
- 2 dancing scarves
- 1 ribbon wand
- 2 rhythm sticks
- 1 bean bag
- 2 egg shakers
- Hand sanitizer
* No Classes October 9th & November 13th
Registrations can be completed online or in person at the studio or over the phone (provided you already have an account with J'Adore Dance). Payment must be received at the time of registration.
Prorating: Prorating class registration fees will not begin until week 5 of the session. Registering for a class before week 5, you are eligible for 3 make-ups to be used in any of our sessional programming within the current session. Please note that prorated classes and make-up classes are subject to availability.
Registrations cancelled before the first class are subject to a $25 + GST administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after the start date of the class, however, we will issue credit valid for 12 months from the start date of the canceled program if the registration is canceled before the third class of the session. No refunds or credit will be granted after the start of the third class other than for serious illness or injury with medical documentation provided. Cancellation requests must be received in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) and can only be processed by management. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Terms and Conditions for Online Classes
- The participant has permission to be online and partake in J’Adore Dance online classes.
- Always use good judgement when dancing outside of your regular studio classroom.
- Take care to clear adequate space and remove any household or environmental factors that could potentially harm you or those around you
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear that is not slippery
- Make sure the flooring is adequate to prevent slipping and falling
- Young children should have someone actively supervising them
- Don’t do the activity alone; have someone on the premises with you
- That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom. If only a private space like a bedroom is available, you will commit to keeping the door open.
The participant will participate in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that, although rare, dance is a sport and injury may occur. J’Adore Dance will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur during your online dance class.
Privacy for Zoom:
- All participants will be admitted from the “waiting room”. Please make sure your Zoom name matches your name on your registration.
- Please sign-in at least 10 minutes before your class starts.
- Your instructor will “admit” you.
- To minimize disruptions to the class, the instructor will not be able to manage the waiting room and admit participants after the welcome discussion (5 min after class start time)
- For safety reasons, your video must be on so that your instructor can see you
- Please note that the material in class videos is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden (only registered participants will be granted entry into the ZOOM class each week) as well as the weekly video link. Not adhering to these rules will void your registration from the program.
Liesa has always loved to dance. Her mom likes to say Liesa danced before she knew how to walk, which makes sense since she owned a dance studio before Liesa was born, and was her very first teacher. Throughout her training, Liesa studied jazz, musical theatre, lyrical, the Cecchetti Method, and even a little tap and hip hop, but ballet remained her first love. Liesa has been given many performance opportunities, including the role of Clara in Alberta Ballet's "The Nutcracker". She has achieved her Bachelor of Science in Psychology, completed the Edmonton Junior Years syllabus teacher training, finished Elementary Level Checchetti, and is a certified Intellidance instructor with over 10 years teaching experience.
Once Liesa added her own little dancers to her family, she knew she wanted them to join her in learning to love movement and dance and the warm, welcoming atmosphere of J'Adore Dance was the perfect fit. Helping other families discover a love of dance has been one of the greatest rewards of her career, and she is very excited to share that joy with her classes!