PiYo® Live LunchFit (Hybrid)
Ready to make a power move? PiYo® Live is a music-driven, athletic workout inspired by the mind/body practices of Pilates and Yoga that also includes flexibility training, strength training, conditioning and dynamic movement. It includes modifications for the group exercise environment, yet offers exercise progressions to challenge all levels.
Sweat, stretch, and strengthen – all in one workout! And when you’re done, you’ll feel that exhilarating glow that comes with doing something great for your body and mind. No weights. Just hardcore results...
- The Muscle Sculpting of Pilates: Challenging Pilates-inspired moves define long, lean muscles.
- The Flexibility of Yoga: Fast-paced yoga-style movements build strength and balance while improving your mobility.
- Nonstop Movement: Fluid low-impact sequences burn serious calories—without putting stress on your joints.
*** This is a hybrid program. This means that the instructor will be teaching participants both in the studio and online via Zoom. If you are interested in participating online, please simply write 'ONLINE' in the comments of your order. ***
Due to overwhelming response in support of vaccine mandate and record high ICU numbers, we have made a decision. As of September 20th, J’Adore Dance will require adult dance and fitness participants to show proof of COVID-19 double vaccination. This decision was not made easily and we ask you to please be kind to our staff and please respect our decision.
We will accept vaccination papers, certificates or cards, as long as your name and birthdate are clear and visible, and match your government issued photo identification. Photographs of vaccination papers, certificates and cards will be accepted too, along with immunization records on apps such as My Health Records and any other provincial, territorial or federal application.
If you are not comfortable providing proof of your covid-19 vaccination, we invite you to participate online. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out via email.
At this time, we will continue with mandatory masking throughout the class. As always, your health and safety is of the utmost importance.
What to Bring:
- Indoor running shoes or grippy socks
- Athletic wear
- Water bottle
- Yoga mat
- Face covering mandatory (mask or face shield)
* No Class October 11th & November 15th
Registrations can be completed online or in person at the studio or over the phone (provided you already have an account with J'Adore Dance). Payment must be received at the time of registration.
Programs at J'Adore Dance are in high demand, and sell out with long wait lists. As such, any registrations cancelled before the first class are subject to a $25 + GST administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after the start date of the class, however, we will issue credit valid for 12 months from the start date of the canceled program if the registration is canceled before the third class of the session. No refunds or credit will be granted after the start of the third class other than for serious illness or injury with medical documentation provided. Cancellation requests must be received in writing (email@example.com) and can only be processed by management. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Please note that classes may switch from in-studio to online formats at any point in a session as mandated by Alberta Health Services. By registering in a program at J’Adore Dance you are agreeing to participating in both in-studio and online class delivery. Refunds/Credit will not be given for changes to programming delivery.
Terms and Conditions for Online Classes
- The participant has permission to be online and partake in J’Adore Dance online classes.
- Always use good judgement when dancing outside of your regular studio classroom.
- Take care to clear adequate space and remove any household or environmental factors that could potentially harm you or those around you
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear that is not slippery
- Make sure the flooring is adequate to prevent slipping and falling
- Young children should have someone actively supervising them
- Don’t do the activity alone; have someone on the premises with you
- That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom. If only a private space like a bedroom is available, you will commit to keeping the door open.
The participant will participate in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that, although rare, dance is a sport and injury may occur. J’Adore Dance will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur during your online dance class.
Make-ups - Because you have access to the class link for one, week there will be no make up's or missed classes recorded for the duration of our on-line programming.
Privacy for Zoom:
- All participants will be admitted from the “waiting room”. Please make sure your Zoom name matches your name on your registration.
- Please sign-in at least 10 minutes before your class starts.
- Your instructor will “admit” you.
- To minimize disruptions to the class, the instructor will not be able to manage the waiting room and admit participants after the welcome discussion (5 min after class start time)
- For safety reasons, your video must be on so that your instructor can see you
- Please note that the material in class videos is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden (only registered participants will be granted entry into the ZOOM class each week) as well as the weekly video link. Not adhering to these rules will void your registration from the program.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR OF SESSIONAL PROGRAMMING-OWNER
Jenna Brenan has been dancing since the age of four. Her background includes Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre, and Irish. Jenna not only studied and trained locally here in Edmonton, but has also trained under a variety of professionals from across Canada and the United States. She has danced on teams with the Edmonton Oilers Boomers and with Scoil Rince Clannad Ceili Club. In fact, Irish dance is where Jenna met, traveled and competed with Chantel Sampson.
Jenna has been a dance specialist teacher with Edmonton Public Schools for over 10 years. She has taught classes to a variety of ages at Victoria School of the Performing Arts, Afton School of the Arts, and Glenora School.
In 2014, Jenna was fortunate to take the Conceptual Dance Education Training with Terry Goetz from the Seattle Creative Dance Center. There, Jenna was inspired to incorporate this philosophy into her school-based dance programs. In 2016, Jenna was fortunate to study under Anne Green Gilbert, Terry Goetz, and Anna Mansbridge at the Creative Dance Center’s Summer Dance Institute in Seattle, Washington.
Jenna is also no stranger to small business. In 2014, Jenna co-founded Artists on the Gogh inc., a community-based art and dance program for children ages three to eight.
In January 2015, Jenna joined the J’Adore Dance family. She was thrilled to connect with Jessica Baudin-Griffin, who shared similar philosophy of dance education. What a beautiful marriage of teaching Anne Green Gilbert’s Conceptual Dance Education both with Edmonton Public Schools and at J’Adore Dance! Jenna instantly fell in love with being a part of the J’Adore community.
In May 2016, Jenna partnered with Chantel Sampson to become the new co-owner of J’Adore Dance. Jenna and Chantel’s strengths and talents truly compliment one another, and they are grateful to have found one another to create a very special duo.
Jenna also loves sharing her passion of dance with her two boys, Finn (11 yrs) and William (9 yrs).
Jenna holds certifications in the following:
- Bachelor of Elementary Education Degree
- Intellidance® Certified Instructor
- AFLCA with Group Exercise and Portable Equipment
- Fit 4 Two® Pre and Postnatal Fitness Specialist
- PiYo® Live and CIZE® Live Pro Team Instructor
- Standard First Aid and Level C CPR
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified Coach
When you dance with your heart, your body will follow. ~ Mia Michaels