BarreFit is a great workout targeting all areas of the body! This class will focus on proper alignment, good posture and improved coordination while strengthening and toning. Challenge yourself and have fun while getting fit! Can't wait to meet you at the barre!
*** This is a hybrid program. This means that the instructor will be teaching participants both in the studio and online via Zoom. If you are interested in participating online, please simply write 'ONLINE' in the comments of your order. ***
Due to overwhelming response in support of vaccine mandate and record high ICU numbers, we have made a decision. As of September 20th, J’Adore Dance will require adult dance and fitness participants to show proof of COVID-19 double vaccination. This decision was not made easily and we ask you to please be kind to our staff and please respect our decision.
We will accept vaccination papers, certificates or cards, as long as your name and birthdate are clear and visible, and match your government issued photo identification. Photographs of vaccination papers, certificates and cards will be accepted too, along with immunization records on apps such as My Health Records and any other provincial, territorial or federal application.
If you are not comfortable providing proof of your covid-19 vaccination, we invite you to participate online. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out via email.
At this time, we will continue with mandatory masking throughout the class. As always, your health and safety is of the utmost importance.
What to Wear:
- Athletic wear
- Barre socks/grippy socks OR ballet shoes
- Yoga Mat
Registrations can be completed online or in person at the studio or over the phone (provided you already have an account with J'Adore Dance). Payment must be received at the time of registration.
Programs at J'Adore Dance are in high demand, and sell out with long wait lists. As such, any registrations cancelled before the first class are subject to a $25 + GST administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after the start date of the class, however, we will issue credit valid for 12 months from the start date of the canceled program if the registration is canceled before the third class of the session. No refunds or credit will be granted after the start of the third class other than for serious illness or injury with medical documentation provided. Cancellation requests must be received in writing (email@example.com) and can only be processed by management. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Please note that classes may switch from in-studio to online formats at any point in a session as mandated by Alberta Health Services. By registering in a program at J’Adore Dance you are agreeing to participating in both in-studio and online class delivery. Refunds/Credit will not be given for changes to programming delivery.
Terms and Conditions for Online Classes
- The participant has permission to be online and partake in J’Adore Dance online classes.
- Always use good judgement when dancing outside of your regular studio classroom.
- Take care to clear adequate space and remove any household or environmental factors that could potentially harm you or those around you
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear that is not slippery
- Make sure the flooring is adequate to prevent slipping and falling
- Young children should have someone actively supervising them
- Don’t do the activity alone; have someone on the premises with you
- That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom. If only a private space like a bedroom is available, you will commit to keeping the door open.
The participant will participate in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that, although rare, dance is a sport and injury may occur. J’Adore Dance will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur during your online dance class.
Make-ups - Because you have access to the class link for one, week there will be no make up's or missed classes recorded for the duration of our on-line programming.
Privacy for Zoom:
- All participants will be admitted from the “waiting room”. Please make sure your Zoom name matches your name on your registration.
- Please sign-in at least 10 minutes before your class starts.
- Your instructor will “admit” you.
- To minimize disruptions to the class, the instructor will not be able to manage the waiting room and admit participants after the welcome discussion (5 min after class start time)
- For safety reasons, your video must be on so that your instructor can see you
- Please note that the material in class videos is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden (only registered participants will be granted entry into the ZOOM class each week) as well as the weekly video link. Not adhering to these rules will void your registration from the program.
Camille Ensminger has trained and performed for many years in ballet, jazz, tap, flamenco and contemporary dance. Camille is a company member of Synaethesis Dance Theatre, performing at the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival in Letters and Words (Sterling Award nominated for Outstanding Fringe production), Self(ish), Felix Checks Out and SWIPE (Sterling Award nominated) as well as other company productions including The Heliotrope. Other select performances include The Yellow Wallpaper (Chinook Series Festival), The Soldier's Tale, accompanied by members of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (Edmonton Fringe) and Plain Jane Theatre's Get Happy. She was most recently involved in dance projects including a live-streamed performance, Iterate (Mile Zero Dance) and a Canada-wide theatre collaboration with Catalyst Theatre, Until the Next Breath. Camille teaches jazz classes at the U. of A. Orchesis Dance Program as well as contemporary, jazz, theatre jazz, ballet, and lyrical. She is a certified Xtend Barre instructor and teaches Stretch & Strength, dance conditioning and fitness classes. Camille has a B.A. degree in Modern Languages from the University of Alberta (French, Italian, and Spanish).