Kreative Kidz® (7-10 yrs)
Are you seeking a non-competitive studio where fun, fitness, and a love of dance are the top priority?
At J'Adore Dance our sessional Kreative Kidz® program features a combination of Ballet, Jazz and Creative Movement for ages 3-13 have been expertly programmed by artistic director Chantel Sampson (BEd, PAHC, AFLCA, PPNF). All of our classes are taught by highly trained instructors who have certified in JDance® (The foundational program for the Kreative Kidz® Curriculum) and have a solid foundation in both dance technique and best teaching practices.
Our program focuses on Anne Green Gilbert’s BrainDance research and her teachings on conceptual dance education, providing a foundation for a strong where new dance concepts will be explored monthly where new dance concepts will be explored monthly. Creative dance, imagination, and expression are combined with developmentally appropriate movement, music, and ballet and jazz technique to create a class that is fun for all!
Dance is more than a series of steps. Our programs use a holistic approach that provides our young dancers with a brain compatible learning environment. Our conceptual approach to dance education ensures our students move with purpose on the dance floor and through life. Our goal is to shape each student into a Holistic Dancer who is a:
- Skilled Technician
- Critical Thinker
- Successful Collaborator
- Inventive Creator
- Effective Communicator
- Comfortable clothing eg. leggings and a t-shirt). They are welcome to wear a leotard and ballet skirt but it is not mandatory!
- ballet/jazz shoes, or grippy socks (no barefeet due to AHS guidelines)
- Hair pulled back
- Water bottle
- Mask Mandatory
Cinch Sacs/Prop Bags
As per AHS mandates, we are no longer allowed to have prop sharing in our classes. The use of props is integral to our programming. We have worked with our suppliers to bring in enough props to make individual student bags. Prop bags will come in their own J’Adore branded cinch sac labelled with your child's name and will include the items listed below. Prop bags will be available for purchase at the time of registration and will be waiting for your child on the first day of their class. Prop bags will be sold for $30+GST.
- 2 jingle bells
- 2 dancing scarves
- 1 ribbon wand
- 2 rhythm sticks
- 1 bean bag
- 2 egg shakers
- 1 stretchy band
- Hand sanitizer
Registrations can be completed online or in person at the studio or over the phone (provided you already have an account with J'Adore Dance). Payment must be received at the time of registration.
Programs at J'Adore Dance are in high demand, and sell out with long wait lists. As such, any registrations cancelled before the first class are subject to a $25 + GST administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after the start date of the class, however, we will issue credit valid for 12 months from the start date of the canceled program if the registration is canceled before the third class of the session. No refunds or credit will be granted after the start of the third class other than for serious illness or injury with medical documentation provided. Cancellation requests must be received in writing (email@example.com) and can only be processed by management. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Please note that classes may switch from in-studio to online formats at any point in a session as mandated by Alberta Health Services. By registering in a program at J’Adore Dance you are agreeing to participating in both in-studio and online class delivery. Refunds/Credit will not be given for changes to programming delivery.
Terms and Conditions for Online Classes
- The participant has permission to be online and partake in J’Adore Dance online classes.
- Always use good judgement when dancing outside of your regular studio classroom.
- Take care to clear adequate space and remove any household or environmental factors that could potentially harm you or those around you
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear that is not slippery
- Make sure the flooring is adequate to prevent slipping and falling
- Young children should have someone actively supervising them
- Don’t do the activity alone; have someone on the premises with you
- That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom. If only a private space like a bedroom is available, you will commit to keeping the door open.
The participant will participate in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that, although rare, dance is a sport and injury may occur. J’Adore Dance will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur during your online dance class.
Make-ups - Because you have access to the class link for one, week there will be no make up's or missed classes recorded for the duration of our on-line programming.
Privacy for Zoom:
- All participants will be admitted from the “waiting room”. Please make sure your Zoom name matches your name on your registration.
- Please sign-in at least 10 minutes before your class starts.
- Your instructor will “admit” you.
- To minimize disruptions to the class, the instructor will not be able to manage the waiting room and admit participants after the welcome discussion (5 min after class start time)
- For safety reasons, your video must be on so that your instructor can see you
- Please note that the material in class videos is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden (only registered participants will be granted entry into the ZOOM class each week) as well as the weekly video link. Not adhering to these rules will void your registration from the program.
Amanda Hodgins started dancing when she was 4 years olds. She has trained in many styles of dance including ballet, tap, jazz, musical theatre, lyrical/contemporary, and hip hop. While studying at Edmonton Dance Factory (EDF), she competed in many competitions, performed in FIFA Opening Ceremonies, Harlem Globetrotters, and in Vaganova Society Anniversary shows. She fell in love with tap and ballet and is well versed in Ballet (RAD and Vaganova), competing her RAD (Royal Academy of Dance) Intermediate and Advanced 1 exams. In addition, Amanda studied the Al Gilbert tap syllabus completing to grade 9. While attending Mother Margaret Mary High School she student taught and substituted at EDF. Through her school years she has had the opportunity to perform in school musicals, choir (through to adulthood), and co-choreographed for the school musical. She has continued dancing throughout university in a competitive adult advanced tap group, and continues to teach when needed.
Amanda has completed the DANCEPL3Y children's online teaching course and she believes in the importance of physical literacy for children, as well as the benefit of dance for children's mental well-being.
Amanda is currently in her third year at the University of Alberta pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Linguistics. She is very excited to take a step outside of the competitive world and be part of J'Adore's faculty this year!