JDance® Instructor Training Program and SOCAN Fees
- JDance® workshops offer you an opportunity to participate in a 1-day, live instructor training workshop in the styles of JBallet Combo®, JHop®, JTap®, Kreative Kidz®, Urban Kidz®, Taptastic Kidz®, Twirling Tots®, Terrific Tykes®, and Blossoming Babies®. Purchasing an Instructor Training also gives you access to lesson plans and assessment documents (full year only) specific to the style you train in. These tools will help you become more knowledgeable about your chosen format, and ultimately help you become proficient in teaching your own JDance® classes at J'Adore Dance.
- To become a JDance® Instructor, you must:
- Be at Least 18 Years Old
- Have Participated in the J’Adore Dance Full Year Internship Program or be given an exemption to this based on previous training and experience.
- Purchase and Enroll in a JDance® Instructor Training and attend all sessions related to the curriculum you wish to teach.
- Attend and Successfully Complete an Instructor Training with Active Participation. You must attend Your scheduled Instructor Training in its entirety with active participation. At the conclusion of the Instructor Training, J’Adore Dance will determine, in its sole discretion, whether you have demonstrated the requisite knowledge and skills and met all other requirements to become a JDance® Instructor.
- Completion of this training program will also include all access to the music associated with the program and SOCAN fees will be forwarded to the Alberta Dance Educators Association on your behalf.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR OF FULL YEAR PROGRAMMING - OWNER
When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. ~Wayne Dyer
Chantel Sampson has been dancing since the age of three. A lifelong passion for dance has continued to fuel her spirit. Her background includes tap, jazz, ballet, contemporary, modern, ballroom, and Irish Dance. She has studied and trained under many talented teachers from across Canada and the United States. During university, her parents exposed her to the world of ballroom dance where she met her husband and lifelong dance partner. After extensive training with coaches from across Canada and the United States and seven successful years in competition including three top 3 placements at the Canadian Championships, Chantel felt it was time to explore a new genre of dance and began training in Irish Dance. Her Adult Ceili team holds three North American Irish Dance Championship titles and an All Ireland Ceili Championship title. Chantel is a member of the Performing Arts Medical Association, Yamuna Practitioner Association and ALFCA . Through these organizations she continues to further her training in the areas of dance education and dancer wellness.Chantel received her Bachelor of Education degree with distinction in Elementary Education from the University of Alberta in 1998 and has always brought her love of dance into her teaching. Chantel was nominated for an Excellence in Teaching Award, developed and implemented dance programs in three Edmonton Catholic Schools, directed and choreographed over 20 musicals, presented at several ATA Fine Arts Conferences, and continues to work on developing dance curriculum. She believes that every child should have the opportunity to express themselves through dance and has developed curriculum integration documents for grades K-6 bringing dance and movement into each outcome of the program of studies. Chantel embraces the philosophy of dance as a universal form of expression. In 2007, after many years of teaching school and community-based dance programs, Chantel founded her own dance company, “For The Love of Dance”. Her teaching provides children and adults an opportunity to explore different dance and movement styles in a non-competitive, supportive environment. For Chantel, dance is a family affair and she has always been excited to share dance with her parents, husband, and three beautiful children. She is happiest when on the dance floor. Chantel partnered J'Adore dance's original owner Jessica Baudin-Griffin in 2015 to continue to develop and expand the studio's award winning programming. In 2016 Jessica made a change to pursue the expansion of Intellidance and Chantel's joined forces with former dance team member Jenna Brenan to take J'Adore into its next decade of award winning programming!
Chantel in holds certifications in Yamuna Body Rolling, AFLCA with Portable Equipment, First Aid ad CPR-C, a Certificate in Performing Arts Healthcare through the American College of Sports Medicine and in Pre and Post Natal Fitness, Intellidance instruction, Infant Massage Instructor Certification from Trimesters Massage.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR OF SESSIONAL PROGRAMMING-OWNER
Jenna Brenan has been dancing since the age of four. Her background includes Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre, and Irish. Jenna not only studied and trained locally here in Edmonton, but has also trained under a variety of professionals from across Canada and the United States. She has danced on teams with the Edmonton Oilers Boomers and with Scoil Rince Clannad Ceili Club. In fact, Irish dance is where Jenna met, traveled and competed with Chantel Sampson.
Jenna has been a dance specialist teacher with Edmonton Public Schools for over 10 years. She has taught classes to a variety of ages at Victoria School of the Performing Arts, Afton School of the Arts, and Glenora School.
In 2014, Jenna was fortunate to take the Conceptual Dance Education Training with Terry Goetz from the Seattle Creative Dance Center. There, Jenna was inspired to incorporate this philosophy into her school-based dance programs. In 2016, Jenna was fortunate to study under Anne Green Gilbert, Terry Goetz, and Anna Mansbridge at the Creative Dance Center’s Summer Dance Institute in Seattle, Washington.
Jenna is also no stranger to small business. In 2014, Jenna co-founded Artists on the Gogh inc., a community-based art and dance program for children ages three to eight.
In January 2015, Jenna joined the J’Adore Dance family. She was thrilled to connect with Jessica Baudin-Griffin, who shared similar philosophy of dance education. What a beautiful marriage of teaching Anne Green Gilbert’s Conceptual Dance Education both with Edmonton Public Schools and at J’Adore Dance! Jenna instantly fell in love with being a part of the J’Adore community.
In May 2016, Jenna partnered with Chantel Sampson to become the new co-owner of J’Adore Dance. Jenna and Chantel’s strengths and talents truly compliment one another, and they are grateful to have found one another to create a very special duo.
Jenna also loves sharing her passion of dance with her two boys, Finn (11 yrs) and William (9 yrs).
Jenna holds certifications in the following:
- Bachelor of Elementary Education Degree
- Intellidance® Certified Instructor
- AFLCA with Group Exercise and Portable Equipment
- Fit 4 Two® Pre and Postnatal Fitness Specialist
- PiYo® Live and CIZE® Live Pro Team Instructor
- Standard First Aid and Level C CPR
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified Coach
~ Created to Create ~